Thursday, October 4, 2012

New Release First Kiss By Author Bernadette Marie

Today we welcome Best Selling Author Bernadette Marie. Welcome Bernadette! Why don't you give us a blurb about First Kiss. Promises made as children have a funny way of working themselves into reality when fate is orchestrated for them as adults. Olivia Baker wants the best life for her young son, and that meant raising him in the small town she grew up in, but where her past still haunts her and rumors drip from the tongues of the local gossips. Cade Carter moved away from Aspen Creek the moment they handed him his high school diploma. Now a washed up ex-professional football player he’s headed back after his father’s death to settle the estate of the man he’d left and forgotten about. The friendship Cade and Olivia shared so many years ago is just now a haunting memory. People changed and moved on. Secrets were kept and loved ones around them buried with them. But when they are thrown back together to face the reasons their friendship faltered, and forces greater than them are in charge, anything can happen with the person whom they shared their First Kiss with. Now this is a First in the Aspen Series, so there will be many more to come, which makes us all happy! So just a few quick questions for you. What is your favorite thing about being a writer? Creating! I love the whole process of building characters in my mind and portraying them, hopefully correctly, on the pages as their stories are told. What genre(s) do you write? I love to write Contemporary Romance. However, I do have some paranormal in my future. Paranormal?? That sounds interesting, coming from you. What was the hardest part of writing your book? Not falling asleep at the keyboard. I’m blessed with constant flow in my mind…but my eyes won’t always stay open for me. Are you a plotter or a pantser? Total pantser! Nothing is planned when I sit down. Why do you think people should choose your books over another author? I think my voice is very natural. I don’t try too hard. My characters talk normal and their situations aren’t out of the ordinary. What do you hope readers take with them after reading one of your stories? I hope they have a sense of I NEED MORE! But aside from that I promise happily ever after and I deliver on that. I want to walk away from a book and feel good for days. Is there a message in your novel that you want readers to grasp? I suppose it would be, if you look around you you’ll notice exactly what you need. How long have you been a writer? I have been a writer since I was 13, but have been published since 2010 How much time did it take from writing your first book to having it published? My very first book is not published…it’s hidden. However, the book that was first pubbed was penned with 12 others in 2007. I was on fire. So it didn’t take long to write. I received my first contract in December 2009 and the book was launched in April 2010. You are very busy that is for sure! I want to thank you for stopping by today. How can people get ahold of you? @writesromance on Twitter Where can they go to find First Kiss, or for that matter all of your books?

No comments:

Post a Comment